- WebPart One – captures and displays staff , their skills and allows the user to add them to their personal network
- WebPart Two – displays a users personal network (My Network) of contacts and their skills
- Experience detail – datagrids that lists skill sets, focus areas and projects
- Skills enter form – table and controls for data entry.
- Focus Areas enter form – table and controls for data entry.
- Project enter form – table and controls for data entry.
The other custom control displayed the users selected network contacts using a simple datagrid and lookup table.
Web Part placemeny within the Portal is as follows:
- My Network – added this to the users My Site
- Main Web Part – added to an area called "Skills Network" under a corporate area
I was able to build and test the Web Parts within 6 hours over a few coffees…the demo of the Web Part (I call MindShare) was well recieved. I explained that with further development, you could integrate more features that are found in Linkedin.
On a side note, I plan on investing more time in developing the Web Part for my demo kit.