SharePoint Conference is being held in Bellevue this year from May 14 – 17. By invite its an opportunity to meet people and hear about the status of new products – primarily Office 12.
For those that have not attended these sort of events, the format is a mix of presentations and hands on labs. Obviously this format has its advantages – you have the opportunity to work hands on with new product.
The highpoints of the conference are:
- A special keynote address from Bill Gates, Microsoft Chief Software Architect
- Over 54 in-depth sessions dedicated to taking advantage of the new capabilities in Office SharePoint Server 2007, Windows SharePoint Services and other Microsoft collaborative technologies
- Best practices and information sharing from industry experts and access to the individuals who design and develop Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies
- Hands on Labs, Chalk Talks, Ask-the-Experts and an Exhibitor Pavilion
- Deep knowledge and readiness for how to configure, manage and deploy the next release of Office
- SharePoint Server 2007
- An evening event, meals during core show hours, a post-conference DVD with a softcopy of the presentations, plus gifts.
Another benefit for myself is to meet people I’ve worked with over the past few years but have never met face to face – the challenge of global teams.