Today I’m in Tampa for the Office 12 Roadshow being held at the Crowne Plaza in Tampa East.
The setup for the training was impressive, they shipped Sony laptops in crates pre-configured with VPCs – great idea for a portable classroom. Overall the content was good from an introduction perspective, I would recommend this for people that haven’t worked with the Beta products for vary long.
My goals for the training were to get a sense of what questions clients had, go through a O12 training course and obtain sample material. These goals will help me with my own course development for my company though I plan on taking a different approach – the course will be pre-sales and build focused.
The agenda for the day was as follows:
- Overview of the 2007 Office Components
- Key innovations in Word and Excel
- Key innovations in PowerPoint and Outlook
- Key innovations in Access and InfoPath
- Labs for Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, InfoPath
- Key innovations in WSS
- Labs for creating and managing sites, document management, workflow, collaboration, Excel Services, Email Integration, Discussions and Surveys