Well I have done my share of reading this past year on 2010. While in the UK and Australia early last year I reviewed all the videos and presentations from the SharePoint conference and I also continued reading the Microsoft SharePoint site for planning and design material – warning, strong pot of coffee required:
- SharePoint 2010 Planning and Architecture
- SharePoint 2010 Operations
- SharePoint 2010 Software Boundaries
- SharePoint 2010 Development
Mid 2010 the book began appearing on Amazon, some pre-order. My summary thoughts to date:
- SharePoint 2010 Development – developer reference book, lots of examples and explanations 4/5.
- SharePoint 2010 for Dummies – end user reference book, lots of examples, changes from 2007, lessons learned and explanations for end user how to’s 4/5.
- Inside SharePoint 2010 – still wating on this one, delayed for 6 months.
- SharePoint 2010 all in one – written by my ex-HP colleagues, good book but missing depth and lessons learned 3/5.
- SharePoint 2010 Upgrading and Migrating – still wating on this one, delayed for 6 months.
- SharePoint 2010 Branding – Arrived and reading as of 2/25/2011.
- SharePoint 2010 Administration – Arrived and reading next.
- SharePoint 2010 backup and disaster recovery – on order.
There are many others published now, once I complete this list I will be diving back into development. Something I miss doing, I hope to catch up on the VS changes / Enhancements and explore some of the coding exercises in the previously mentioned development book.