The last day of the conference, time has flown by! With the sun back I enjoyed a few lattes with Emer catching up and chatting about SharePoint in general. Also caught up with Paul, Velli and Beven before they packed up the booth and got ready to head home. Heading over to the AvePoint booth for the Ducati draw – unfortunately I didn’t win the AvePoint Ducati :( but there is always next year.
The presentations today were:
- How the SharePoint Dev team troubleshoots SharePoint – They covered some custom code they use to track requests to SQL, what to monitoring and other practices. Having lived bad coding practices that paralyze SQL I enjoyed this!
- Business intelligence architecture – They presented the 20 steps to help architects with BI projects and positioned the products. Great overview for some that isn’t familiar with the complete product sets and where they fit.
- Advanced BI visualizations with Visio Services – The demo was amazing. showing you how to use business data to populate Visio shape properties. SharePoint 2010 Stencil kit download and the SharePoint Network Topology Diagram Add-in download.
This morning I attended my planned events and thought about what I need to focus on the next few months from a learning perspective. With my new Development laptop setup I plan to spend more time with:
- 2010 development in general
- BI webparts (Powerpivot, Visio Services to name a few)
- Download the presenter examples especially the code trouble shooting sample code
- Fast search integration for SharePoint
On a side note the converntion center is a great place, the layout and location!
For the evening we had dinner at McCormick & Schmick’s Grille down the road from the Marriott Anaheim, Paul, Veli and I were tired! Once the end of the conference settled in so did the long days and jet lag.
Overall Microsoft put on a great event. Well organized, great location and hotels and the Disney event Tuesday was great.
Over the next few days I will be downloading the videos and materials from www.sharepointconference.com and watching the presentations I missed and getting back to rehearsals for the bands next gig in November.