Migrations are complex and managing end user expectations and activities associated with migrating an end users site more so. If you have a very large environment, using email to communicate will lead to chaos and unprofessional appearance to the business.
To help manage the complexity of migrations I’ve used a Dashboard of sorts in the past. The dashboard is the focal point of the migration activities which include:
- More professional front for end users and overall project team
- Communicating the purpose of the migration
- Scheduling migrations
- Providing status on site migrations
- Providing end user support and training
- Managing communications overall
- Managing exceptions
The dashboard functionality helps both the end user and IT keep on top of migration activities in a proactive and efficient manner. Its a site collection and sub sites with sample data to help you get started.
Interested in the template? Contact me at email@example.com and provide a DropBox or alternative share with room for 20mb.